Friday, September 9, 2011

Psalm 12


1. Help us, Lord!
Where in this world has all the goodness gone?

2. Where are those who speak for truth, not lies?
It’s all flattery, smooth speech,
and double-heartedness.

3. O that you would cut loose these lying lips,
and gag the braggart’s mouth.

4. O that you would stop all those who think or say,
“I’ll take advantage with my tongue!
Who owns these lips but me?”

5. God says, it is for the poor and needy ones I come,
their cries of grief I hear.
I’ll rise for them and make a place of peace,
a place secure.

6. Your words, O God, are pure as silver refined from ore,
as good as gold, tried seven times in refiner’s fire.

7. Watch over us, protect us all,
in this sad world we pray,

8. Where evil rises up on every side,
and prowls the hidden alleys of the heart;
Where worthlessness is highly prized
and made the king of all.


No comments: